Heath Ledger's Prized VW Kombi Van
Stolen from Best Mate

Australian Associated Press
February 29, 2008 11:00pm

IPB Image
Heath and life-long best friend, Trevor DiCarlo
at the NY premiere of I'm Not There in New York,
Tuesday, November 14, 2008.

I have been thoroughly disheartened by the treatment of the Ledger family during their time of mourning. Yet again, this private family has been victimized, this time by callous thieves who have stolen Heath Ledger's treasured 1975 green Kombi van. The valuable van, containing extensive modifications, was stolen from Bondi on or around January 23.

Ledger is believed to have given the van to his close, long-time friend Trevor DiCarlo safekeeping when he sold his $7 million Bronte home in 2006 and returned to the Unites States to live. When Ledger was 16, he took early graduation from Guildford Grammar in Western Australia and travelled across the country to Sydney with DiCarlo to pursue an acting career.

Ledger's father Kim, who is sorting out his son's estate in Australia and in the US, reported the van stolen to Waverley police on Friday, February 21, 2008. It was discovered that the van was last seen in the driveway of DiCarlo's Bondi home a month previously - around January 20 - but the theft had not been reported to police. Ledger passed away in Manhattan three days later.

It is the second time the van has been stolen within a year. It was previously taken in May 2007 and recovered a few weeks later. The circumstances of that theft are unknown.

This time, however, the actor's father Kim has demanded its return, asking police to have it towed and returned to Perth where he lives, once it is found.

IPB Image
Example of a 1975 VW Kombi in green
(Not Heath's actual vehicle.)

It is believed the Kombi is not registered and there has not been any recent attempt to re-register it.

A discussion of this topic has been started HERE.

- - - - -
Additional writing by Phyllis

--------------------
IPB Image
~Phyllis~
Admin
-------------------------------
If you'd like to discuss an article, please feel free to start a topic in the Articles & Interview Discussion forum if one has not already been started. :)
To contact me, click on the PM or Email buttons below.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:50 AM
© Team-FDFR & [FD.FR]Missindo 2005 Forum Team-FDFR